Sometimes is takes an entire book to define reputation management. Smarter people can define it in a single sentence.
1. “Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” Abraham Lincoln
2. “Your brand name is only as good as your reputation.” Richard Branson
3. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” Jeff Bezos
4. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” Warren Buffet
5. “Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” Booker T. Washington
6. “When you win, don’t swagger. When you lose, don’t sulk.” Rick Warren
7. “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Martin Luther King Jr.
8. “The way to gain good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.” Socrates
9. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” Henry Ford
10. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” John Wooden